BBQ Brussels Sprout Skewers with Almond Miso Butter
Recipe by: Matt Preston
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add about 1 tbs water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until they are bright green.
- This makes the Brussels sprouts easier to thread onto skewers.
- While you pre-cook your sprouts, make the almond miso butter.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Set aside to cool. Process the almonds, butter and miso until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the vinegar mixture and process until well combines.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high.
- Thread the Brussels sprouts onto four soaked wooden or metal skewers, weaving the prosciutto between them as you go.
- Place the skewers on a tray and drizzle with oil.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until tender and slightly charred.
- Serve the Brussels sprout skewers with the almond miso butter.
- For the corn, microwave the corn (with husks) for 1 minute.
- Remove, slice off the tip and the corn will slip out.
- Chargrill the corn over medium high heat until blistered and tender.
- Serve with almond miso butter and topped with micro coriander and chopped fresh chilli.