Coconut and Raspberry Pavlova Wreath
Impress your family and friends this Christmas with this tasty coconut and raspberry pavlova shaped as a wreath
Recipe by: Justine Schofield
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 120°C and line a baking tray with paper. Using a 24cm round-shaped plate trace a circle onto paper. Draw another circle in centre (approx 12cm diameter) to form a ring.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks on a medium-high speed. Increase the speed and rain in the caster sugar to form a silky, firm meringue. Whisk for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture feels smooth when rubbed together between two fingers. On a low speed, mix in the vinegar and cornflour.
- Using a spatula dab a small amount of the meringue onto each corner of the baking paper to ensure it sticks to the baking tray and does not slip. Using the traced ring as a guide to form a wreath shape, dollop the remaining meringue onto the baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until crisp on the outside. Turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly ajar. Allow the meringue to completely cool and air dry. I like to cool overnight in oven for best results. Carefully transfer to a presentation plate.
- Whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla seeds to soft peaks and then gently whisk in the coconut cream.
- To serve, dollop the coconut whipped cream over the meringue and dress with the raspberries, a sprinkle of coconut flakes and icing sugar.