Vietnamese Salad of Turkey, Prawn, Coconut and Beans
Recipe by: Adam D'Sylva
- Blanch the beans and snow peas in salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, 1 cup of coconut cream and roasted chilli paste, stirring until everything is well blended.
- Stir in the sliced chillies and ground peanuts and part of the roasted coconut
- In a medium size pot, add water, coconut cream with ginger skin.
- Add turkey breast and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Let rest in liquid until needed.
- Using a mallet, smash turkey breast to help shred.
- Add the warmed shredded turkey and prawns and finally, stir in the bean slices, coriander and mint and coriander leaves.
- Garnish with the fried shallots and roasted coconut.