Sticking to super-lean chicken breasts is the key to making super-food fajitas, and also provides us with a great source of protein, ensuring our muscles stay strong and healthy.
Recipe by: Jamie Oliver
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Put 1 tbsp of oil into a bowl with the vinegar, chilli sauce, oregano, paprika and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Crush in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher and mix together. Peel and halve the onion, slice into 1cm-thick wedges, then slice the chicken length-ways 1cm thick and toss both in the marinade. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- Blacken the whole peppers and aubergine over a direct flame on the hob, or in a griddle pan on a high heat, until charred and blistered all over. Pop the peppers into a bowl and cover with clingfilm for 10 minutes, then scrape off most of the black skin, discarding the stalks and seeds.
- Pinch the skin off the aubergine and trim off the ends. Nicely slice it all 2cm thick, dress on a platter with the juice of 1 lime and a few picked coriander leaves, then taste and season to perfection.
- Cook the chicken and onions in all that lovely marinade in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Peel, destone and finely slice the avocado, and squeeze over the juice of half a lime. Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan for 30 seconds, then keep warm in a clean tea towel. Take it all to the table, with the feta and the remaining coriander leaves, and let everyone build their own.
Notes: Jamie Oliver: Super Food Family Classics - Series 1: “© 2016 Jamie Oliver”