Beetroot and Gin Salmon on Crispbread
Kristen's decadent Beetroot and Gin Cured Salmon is served on a bed of Dill Crème Fraiche and delicious crispbread
Recipe by: Kristen Sheffield - Contestant
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Crispbread, place the yeast into a bowl with 85ml warm water and set aside for 10 minutes until bubbly. Add flour, honey, olive oil and a pinch of salt and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and set aside to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, divide the dough into 8 even portions. Pass each portion through a pasta roller to form a long thin oblong shape. Place on a paper lined baking tray and brush with egg and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven to bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool until serving.
- For the Roasted Beetroot, place the beetroot onto a square piece of aluminium foil. Drizzle olive oil over the beetroot and sprinkle with salt. Wrap beetroot in the foil and place in oven to roast until tender, about 50 -60 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Remove the beetroot skin and chop flesh into small cubes. Set aside until serving.
- For the Beetroot and Gin Cured Salmon, place beetroot, gin, salt, sugar and dill in a bowl and mix until combined. Transfer to a vacuum bag, add salmon fillet, seal then place in the fridge to cure for 45 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and gently wash the curing mixture from the salmon then wipe dry with paper towel. Finely slice the salmon and place on a plate. Cover and set aside, in fridge, until serving.
- For the Dill Crème Fraiche, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined and smooth. Transfer mixture to a piping bag and set aside, in fridge, until serving.
- To serve, place a Crispbread on each plate. Pipe Dill Crème Fraiche around the Crispbread. Add sliced Beetroot and Gin Cured Salmon and Roasted Beetroot. Garnish with a sprinkle of toasted macadamia nuts and dill sprigs.
Watch Full Episodes