Sashi's Singapore Chicken Rice
Sashi cooks a Singaporean style sous vide chicken with crispy skin, bok choy and a spicy chilli and ginger sauce
Recipe by: Sashi Cheliah - Contestant
- Fill and heat a sous vide machine to 60C. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove skin from chicken breasts and place on a lined shallow baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and cover with another sheet of baking paper. Cover with another heavy baking tray and place in oven to cook until deep golden and dry, 45 minutes. Remove from oven, remove top baking sheet and set aside until serving. Drain any chicken fat into a medium saucepan and set aside for Chicken Rice.
- For the Poached Chicken, place ingredients into a sous vide bag, vacuum seal and place in sous vide machine to poach for 45 minutes. Remove from sous vide, remove chicken from bags and slice each fillet diagonally. Set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- For the Spring Onion Oil, place all ingredients in a small saucepan and place over low heat to gently warm to 60C. Remove from heat and set aside to infuse for 30 minutes. Drain and set oil aside until serving.
- For the Chicken Rice, place the saucepan of reserved chicken fat heat over medium heat. Add rendered chicken fat and rice and stir well. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- For the Chilli Sauce, place chillies, ginger and garlic in the cylinder of a stick blender and process with a stick blender until smooth. Add vinegar and sugar, mix to combine then set aside until serving.
- For the Oyster Sauce Bok Choy, heat the chicken fat in a large frypan over high heat. Add bok choy and cook until stems are soft. Add the oyster sauce, toss through then remove from the heat. Set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- To serve, divide Chicken Rice between serving plates and top with sliced Poached Chicken Breast and Crispy Skin. Drizzle with Spring Onion Oil. Add Oyster Sauce Bok Choy and garnish with cucumber, spring onion and red chilli. Serve with Chilli Sauce on the side.
Watch Full Episodes