Blueberry and White Chocolate Scones
Miguel visits a lawn bowl champion to learn some tips about the game before whipping up some scones with a bit of a twist
Air Date: 22 Jun 2018
Miguel puts a spin on the classic scone, making it a little bit more decadent.
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- Preheat oven to 180 fan/200 convection.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together thickened cream, icing sugar and vanilla bean scrapings.
- Fold the cream mixture into the dry ingredients until it starts to come together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, sprinkling with salt, choc chips and blueberries. Knead gently to combine, being careful not to overwork.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle approximately 3cm high. Cut with a 4.5cm scone cutter, pressing down to cut without rotating.
- Place on a baking paper lined tray and brush tops of scones with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and make a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
- Serve warm with jam and cream.