Churros con Chocolate
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- To make chocolate sauce, stir condensed milk in a small saucepan, over medium heat until hot.
- Add chocolate. Whisk until smooth, then whisk in milk and rum. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Bring milk, sugar, butter and vanilla beans and seeds to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Discard vanilla beans. Remove from heat.
- Sift in flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined and dough comes away from side of pan. Remove from heat.
- Stand, covered with plastic wrap, for 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg yolks with wooden spoon, one at a time.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm star nozzle.
- Heat oil to 180°C (350°F) (when a cube of bread turns golden brown, oil is hot enough).
- Pipe 5cm lengths into oil, cutting off the dough with a sharp knife.
- Deep fry churros until golden brown, then drain on absorbent paper.
- Dust with caster sugar and serve with chocolate sauce