Miguel catches up with Moda Restaurants Javier Codina and prepare tapas from their home regions of Spain
Air Date: 20 Jul 2018
Miguel makes a tradtional Spanish dish from Murcia
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat.
- Cook the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft, but not coloured. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until they begin to caramelize.
- Add chilli and garlic and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
- Blend the tomato mixture, together with the remaining oil, vinegar, salt and paprika until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed to loosen the mixture.
- Scoop the centre out of the cooked potatoes with a melon baller or measuring spoon.Reserving the scoop.
- Shallow or deep-fry both the potato and the scoop for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill the hole in each potato with the bravas sauce and top with a teaspoon of aioli and chives to garnish.
- Serve hot together with the crispy top.