Peking Duck Pancakes
Miguel meets Danny the Peking Duck Chef at Sydneys iconic Golden Century Restaurant
Air Date: 14 Sep 2018
Miguel makes delicious Peking Duck Pancakes
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- To make the pancakes, mix flour, salt and water in a bowl with a fork until it starts to come together. Scrunch together with your hands, moving quickly as the batter will be hot. When it gathers into a mass, knead on a well floured bench until smooth.
- Rest for 30 minutes, covered with cling wrap to prevent drying out.Meanwhile prepare the ingredients for the filling and cook/warm the duck.
- Once the dough has rested, knead it for a further few minutes until the mixture is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into halves and roll into a cylinder 4cm wide. Cut each half into 7 equal sized discs, pressing with your palms to flatten.
- Using a rolling pin roll each disc to a 10-12cm pancake of even 2mm thickness, cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium/high heat. Brush lightly with sesame oil and cook pancake on one side, until dark spots appear. Remove from heat and set aside. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- To serve spread hoisin sauce on the soft side of the pancake. Add a pinch of zest, sliced peking duck, cucumber batons and sliced spring onions. Serve immediately