Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 minute
- Heat oil and butter in medium saucepan over a medium high heat and cook onion, chilli and garlic together until soft and translucent. Stir through chopped piquillo peppers.
- Add soaked and drained legumes and stir through the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add passata and stock, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes.
- Whilst legumes are cooking cook the eggplant over an open flame until charred outside and the flesh is softened.
- Whilst hot, scoop the eggplant out of the skin onto a chopping board, adding smoked paprika and a pinch of salt, chopping together to form a rough paste.
- After 35 minutes cooking, add the eggplant, lentils and edamame beans and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, until the legumes are cooked but still holding their shape.
- Heat oven on grill setting.
- Mix panko crumbs, smoked cheddar and thyme leaves together in a small bowl.
- Scoop legume mixture into 4 individual ovenproof dishes and top with panko mixture, pressing edges of the crust down with the back of a spoon to form a crust.
- Grill for 5 minutes until golden brown on top. Serve hot.